- How can I tell if my entry is approved?
Please click here to view information on your My Details account.
- Are any entries still available for EMF 2013?
No. All EMF 2013 races are now closed including charity entries.
- Is there a waiting list for entries?
No. However we do allow entries to be transferred from one runner to another. See question 4 below for information on how to do this. Please note that the transfer deadline of 31st March for EMF 2013 has now passed. We will no longer be accepting transferred entries.
- Can I transfer my place to another runner wanting to do the same race?
Yes, please click here for more information on transfers and withdrawals. Please note that the transfer deadline of 31st March for EMF 2013 has now passed. We will no longer be accepting transferred entries.
- Can I transfer my place to another race (eg Marathon to Half)?
No, please click here for more information on transfers and withdrawals.
- I haven't received any information on my hotel booking with Official Hotels, what should I do?
Firstly, please check your spam folder for your booking confirmation email. If you still can't find it, please contact Official Hotels directly here.
- I am an EMF Team Relay captain, can I amend the details of members in my team?
Yes - As team captain you cannot change your own details but you can change the details of members in your team. This can be done by logging in to your 'My Details' account right up until May 24th. Please ensure that you make any changes where necessary so that we have accurate information for your team.
- When will I receive my running number?
UK runners will receive their running number with embedded timing chip in the post by the evening of Monday 20th May. For EMF Team Relay runners, all four numbers will be sent to the address of the team captain who should then take responsibility for distributing the numbers to their team members. If you have not received your running number by the end of Monday please log into your My Details account and click the 'have not received running number' button. This button will not be available until the end of Monday.
Overseas runners must collect their number from the help desk at Dynamic Earth. Click here for further information.
- When can I download my Race Instructions and Bus Tickets?
You can download your Final Race Instructions and Bus Tickets from Wednesday 15th May from your My Details account.
- I am injured or I want to withdraw/transfer my place, what do I do?
Just log into your account and press the withdrawal link under your entry. Entry fees are non-refundable. Entries CANNOT be transferred to a future event. Click here for more information.
- I transferred my place to someone else but I still received a race number, what do I do?
The number you received is no longer valid. The person you transferred your place to will have received a separate race number that is valid.
- My race number does not match the number on my timing chip, what do I do?
This is not a problem. The two numbers do not need to match, you will still receive an accurate time for your race.
- When will entries for EMF 2014 open?
These open the day after this year's EMF - so the 27th May. An early bird discount will apply for entries between 27th May and 1st June so get in quick for a special entry rate!
- I want to enter more than one person - is this possible?
It is, however you need to create a separate 'My Details' account for each runner and use a separate password for each entrant.
- I haven't received my confirmation email, what should I do?
Firstly, please check your spam. If you still can't find it then please contact us using the contact form below. If you do find an email from us in your spam, please mark it as 'not spam' or as a 'favourite' to ensure that our communications get through to you.
- What are the opening times for the EMF Helpdesk at Dynamic Earth?
The Helpdesk will be open to runners on Friday 24th May 12 noon - 8pm and Saturday 25th May 6am - 9pm. Click here for further information.
- I can't remember my password.
If you have forgotten your password please click here and use the reset password function on the log in page.
Is there a cut-off time for the marathon/half marathon?
YES. Full details can be found by clicking here.
- When will I receive my merchandise?
Official EMF Adidas items will be delivered within 3 weeks of your order. Overseas deliveries may take longer. To exchange/return any goods, please see our Merchandise Returns Policy here. No online orders will be taken between May 16th and post race weekend. Bus tickets are downloadable from your My Details account within two weeks of the race.
- Can I update my details (address, password, predicted time etc)?
You can update your address and password by logging in to My Details and clicking the 'Contact Info' button. To update your predicted time, log in to your My Details account and click on 'Alter Entry'. (NB the option to update your predicted time for the 2013 event is no longer available) For UK runners your race number will get posted to address we have on the system on 1st March 2013. Click here for more info on your My Details account.
- Can I wear my MP3 player?
This event is run under Scottish Athletics rules and therefore MP3 players or other devices plugged into the ear are banned whilst running for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or marshals instructions
- How do I purchase a bus ticket?
You will be able to purchase bus tickets at the point of entry or by visiting the online shop which is available in the menu on the left of your screen. You will be able to download and print your bus ticket from your My Details account from Wednesday 15th May.
- Can you give me some information about travel options on race day?
YES we can! Please click here to go to our transport page.
- Where are the hydration (water/energy) stations on course?
Click here to view where the hydration stations are for the marathon, relay and half marathon? There will be High5 Energy gels at the energy stations. There will not be energy drinks.
- Is there Pacers/ Pace setters at this event?
NO. There are no pacers at this event.
- Can I use my half marathon runner or spectator ticket on the full marathon return bus journey?
This will be permitted if there is adequate capacity on the later buses however those with full marathon runner or spectator bus tickets will be given priority. Buses will stop operating at 5:30pm. Please note that these buses are very busy and that it is your choice whether you wish risk trying to access a later bus.
- How can I guarantee that I will be in the same start pen as my friend that I want to run with?
Answer is that you can't guarantee it and we can't move you into the same start pen HOWEVER if you select a specific time as your predicted finish time, for example 4 hours 18 minutes, there is a higher chance of being in the same pen than if you select a more commonly selected finish time like 4 hours 30 minutes.
- Are dogs allowed on the event buses?
Only guide dogs will be permitted on the event buses.
- I don't want to enter online, can I pay for my entry over the phone or by cheque?
No. With over 28,000 runners entering EMF races we can't make exceptions to our online entry process.
- Can Our Dynamic Earth help me with a question I have about EMF?
No. The EMF Hub is based at Dynamic Earth ONLY on the Friday and Saturday of the EMF weekend. Dynamic Earth staff are not able to give any information about the event, either in person, by email or over the phone. Please do not contact Dynamic Earth with questions about EMF and instead use our contact form below if your question is not answered in these FAQs or anywhere else on the website.
- I want to enter my child in to one of the junior races - how do I do this?
What you need to do is create a My Details account for your child and enter them in the same way that you would enter yourself. If you wish to use your email address, you can do, however you would need to make sure that the password is different to your own account.
- My emergency contact details are not printed on my race number - what do I do?
If your emergency contact details are not printed on your race number, please print them in black ink in the space provided or on the back of the race number. Please also log in to your My Details account and update them in your account.
- I have a query regarding the event buses - can Citylink help?
No. For information on the event transport, please visit the Transport pages of our website. If your query is not answered in any of these pages, please use the contact form below. Citylink should be contacted for any journeys outside our event transportation services.
- Are there any Comedy n Carbs tickets left?
NO, this event has now sold out. Sorry!