Transfers & Withdrawals T&C's
- If you have to withdraw your place please log in to ‘My Details’ and click the ‘Upcoming Events’ section and choose the 'Withdraw Entry’ option.
- If you withdraw from the current event we will guarantee your place for the following year’s event but you will have to pay the standard entry fee again. All entry fees are non-refundable, and may not be deferred towards a future event.
- You understand that your entry for the following year is guaranteed but NOT automatic and you will need to enter yourself through the website as usual between the 27th May and 1st June to avail of the early-bird discount, or within one month of entries opening. We will send you an email to remind you.
- No transfers are allowed between events. We have a set entry capacity for each event and resources (water, energy drinks, t-shirts, medals, medical crews, marshals etc) are set months before the event to cater for this number. Allowing possibly thousands of runners to change event would have dramatic effects on race day so we do not allow runners to change events for the safety of all our runners.
- For full terms and conditions please click here.
We have set up a transfer system to go some way to stop unregulated number swapping. Number swapping can cause medical problems on race day and any runner to be found unlawfully swapping their number will be banned from all future races. You can transfer your place to another runner looking to run in the same race as you entered.
We do not allow runners to transfer between races for the health and safety of all our participants. Supplies are allocated per race, if we allow runners to move between races then one race would have over supply in one race and the under supply in another race. When organizing a large scale running event race supplies (t-shirts, medals etc etc) are specific to the race and are organized and ordered months in advance.
Details on how to transfer your entry can be found here.
- Transfers for the 2014 Edinburgh Marathon Festival are open until 31st March 2014. You can transfer your place to another runner looking to run in the same race as you entered. You will need to find the runner to transfer your place to, as event organisers do not manage list of transferring runners.
- Your place in the event will be automatically withdrawn once you send the unique transfer code to a new runner. Even if the transfer code is not used by a new runner your place in the event will not be reinstated. Your place will be bound by the withdrawal conditions.
- The transferred place must be activated before 31st March 2014 by the new runner – no exceptions.
- No transfers are allowed between races. We have a set entry capacity for each event and resources (water, energy drinks, t-shirts, medals, medical crews, marshals etc) are set months before the event to cater for this number. Allowing possibly thousands of runners to change event would have dramatic effects on race day so we do not allow runners to change events for the safety of all our runners.
- Transferring your place to another runner will require the payment of a £10 fee payable by the new runner. It is up to you whether the new runner pays you the cost of the original entry or whether you give it to them for free, EMF will not get involved in this arrangement.
- Bus tickets and parking tickets are non refundable and the system does not automatically transfer them as the original runner may still use them – the new runner will need to purchase their own transport tickets if needed. These must be purchased before event closing date or while stocks last which may be before the event closing date.
- No transfers are allowed by relay team captains or relay team members. If one or more of your team become unable to participate you can change a member of your team through the ‘Administrate Team’ section of the website.
- Runners that have purchased their place as part of a Tour Operator package cannot transfer their place, please refer to your Tour Operator terms and conditions.
- Runners with Charity Approved Places (CAP’s) can not transfer their place to another runner.
- If you are raising funds for charity but have paid for your place (i.e not got a CAP place) you can transfer your place to another runner. If you do this you will have to decide if it is still right to take sponsorship pledges for an event you are not going to run. The new runners will not be obliged to fundraise for your charity. The new runner can of course decide to raise funds for the charity of their choice – we have over 200 charities listed on our website that would gratefully appreciate you running for them.
- To transfer your place please log in to My Details and click the ‘Upcoming Events’ section and choose the 'Transfer Entry’ option. Detailed information on how to transfer your entry can be found here.
- Please note that only the entry is transferred. Any associated products such as iTab medal inserts and merchandise are not transferred.