The EMF Hub is a 15 minute walk from the city centre. It is located at the foot of the Royal Mile, near the Scottish Parliament and Holyrood Palace.
The races start on Regent Road and London Road. Your race instructions will tell you which one you will start at. Regent Road is a 5 minute walk from Princes Street and London Road is a 10 minute walk from Princes Street.
The race starts are close to the National Cycle Network. For more information please visit www.sustrans.co.uk.
Both First and Lothian Buses operate local bus services to the city centre and close to the start area. Please note that some bus services are altered due to our event and full details are available at www.firstgroup.com. There will be a replacement bus service operating between Cockenzie/Port Seton and Prestonpans between 05:30 and 18:00, allowing runners and spectators based here and at Seton Sands Caravan Park to be transported from the area. They can then board public buses to the Start and Finish areas.
The nearest train station is Edinburgh Waverley. It is a 5 minute walk from the Regent Road start and a 10 minute walk from the London Road Start. Please note that there will be disruption between Falkirk and Edinburgh over EMF weekend - for more information please visit National Rail enquiries.
There will be event shuttle buses operating for the Team Relay, Half Marathon and Full Marathon events. More information will be provided on these in due course.
First Bus operate bus services in this area. Please note that these are local service buses and have limited capacity. For more information please visit www.firstgroup.com.
The nearest train stations are Musselburgh Train Station and Wallyford Train Station. They are both a 20 minute walk from the finish area. These trains will take you to Edinburgh Waveley. For more information please visit www.firstgroup.com.
There is no parking available in Musselburgh. Either use public transport or event shuttle buses.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PARK YOUR CAR IN MUSSELBURGH OR THE SURROUNDING AREA
The continuing success of the event depends upon the support of the local community and sadly last year, despite parking restrictions being in place we experienced massive problems with runners and spectators parking illegally, blocking bus routes, residents driveways and even cars being abandoned on the pavements making it impossible for people using wheelchairs or parents with prams to use the pavement, instead being forced onto the open road to pass.
Please help support the event by doing the following:
DO NOT drive to Musselburgh.
Plan your travel in advance -
- Trains are available from Edinburgh to Wallyford or Musselburgh Stations that are within a mile of the Finish Area. Visit www.scotrail.co.uk for timetables and ticketing information.
- Buses travel through Musselburgh taking you very close to the Finish Area, look atwww.lothianbuses.com and www.firstgroup.co.uk/ukbus/ for timetables and ticketing information
- EMF event buses are in operation that you can buy your tickets to at www.edinburgh-marathon.com/?shop which will take you from the Start to the Finish then back into town afterwards.
- Park & ride EMF event buses operate between Newcraighall, Straiton and Sheriffhall Park & Ride sites, from which you can travel to the Start or Finish of the races. Tickets and timetable information can be found at www.edinburgh-marathon.com/?shop
If you are parking anywhere over the event weekend, please do so legally and with respect to those who live in these areas, however please note that parking in Musselburgh and the surrounding area is restricted and for residents only.
Police Scotland, Edinburgh City Council, East Lothian Council and EMF organisers take this issue very seriously and the following measures will be in operation.
- There will be marshals in place to enforce parking restrictions. Only residents will be issued passes to access the restricted areas
- The drivers of all vehicles parked illegally will be fined.
- Any vehicles parked illegally and causing obstruction or congestion will be towed away.
Please help us by planning your travel in advance of the event weekend and where possible, leave the car and choose one of the many transport options available.